Joel DuBoff, the President and Founder of DuBoff & Associates, Chartered, is one of the most experienced and respected general practice attorneys practicing in the state of Maryland.
Never one to limit himself to one legal practice area, Mr. DuBoff has handled high profile criminal and civil cases during his distinguished 37-year career as an Assistant U.S. Attorney, plaintiff’s advocate and criminal defense attorney in Washington, D.C., and Maryland.
Mr. DuBoff was formerly a Master of the George Washington American Inn of Court, served as a judicial law clerk for a presidentially-appointed Washington, D.C. judge (1972-1973), and gained experience in the U.S. Army Legal Unit, as well as serving as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the trial and appellate divisions of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the U.S. Department of Justice (1971-1977).
During his tenure with DuBoff & Associates, Chartered, he has developed a reputation for caring and successful legal practice, including trial law. Throughout his career, he has achieved a number of million-dollar and six-figure verdicts for our clients, including a trial verdict for $10 million against a bus company.
For more than 30 years, Joel DuBoff and DuBoff & Associates, Chartered has built a reputation as an outstanding general practice law firm with notable experience in personal injury law and criminal defense law. Our practice serves clients across Maryland and in Washington, D.C. Contact us online or at 301.495.3131 to arrange a consultation regarding your case.
Home and hospital visits are available to our seriously injured clients who are unable to make it to our office and we offer evening and weekend appointments when necessary. We are pleased to offer free initial consultations in personal injury cases and offer contingency fee arrangements when appropriate.
Areas of practice
- Maryland, 1972
- District of Columbia, 1973
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1975
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- J.D., National Law Center of the George Washington University, 1972
- B.A., Queens College of the City University of New York, 1968
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
- American Association for Justice
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- George Washington American Inn of Court
- Maryland Association for Justice
BV® Distinguished(TM) Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
Recently voted into the Best Lawyers in Maryland, 2012